A lot of tonneau covers are available in the market for truck owners. This becomes challenging for those truck owners because of the variety of tonneau covers. The protection of the truck bed is the main priority of many pickup truck owners. The truck bed is; simply not able to keep small, and mobile items in the bed because anyone can reach your stuff and; would walk off with it. Many truck owners buy BAKFLIP cover for their truck’s bed, known as tonneau covers, for some level of protection.
Most of the tonneau cover designs emphasize protection or convenience. Getting into it quickly; it’s not safe. If you have a few extra layers of protection and access will likely take some time. These are the reasons why so many people struggle to choose between different truck bed cover options: low profile covers, roll-up tonneau covers, folding covers, retractable covers.
BAKFLIP has strived to strike the right balance between protection and comfort with the MX4 Soft Bedspread. Featuring a tri-ply design and aluminum panel sections, this is a heavy-duty tri-fold tonneau cover for both; protection and comfort.
Benefits of using BAKFLIP MX4 Cover
BAKFLIP MX4 cover does not have any built-in locking system. It is designed; for the security of your truck’s bed. The deformation of the panel; is laborious because it can withstand up to 400 lbs. of weight on them.
The cover is locked, into the position with a slide latch. The latch is only accessible if the tailgate is folded down, and the latch effectively secures the truck bed. Latch and tailgate prevent the truck bed access and protects the cover as well.
The tonneau cover is designed; to repel the water. The owner of the truck can keep their stuff safe from the moisture or rain in the truck bed because; the tonneau cover keeps the moisture out of the truck bed. There is a rubber seal system to avoid any water leakage. The water might leak along the rail edges of the cover.
There is a built-in drain that wicks moisture away from the rail and onto the; sides of the truck. Most of the moisture will drain away, but a small amount will enter the truck bed. Even in heavy rain, moisture leakage is minimal, but your truck bed will not be 100% dry using this cover.
Difference between BAKFLIP MX4 and BAKFLIP F1 Covers
The main difference between MX4 and the F1 tonneau cover is similar in design, but they have key differences that truck owners have to be aware of:
- The F1 tonneau cover possesses a rough texture, while, the MX4 possesses a smoother appearance.
- MX4 allows the tonneau cover to remain latched when the tailgate is closed, while the F1 needs to be lifted while closing the tailgate and then snapped into position.
- F1 cover is rate highly against the dents and scratches, and it keeps its form a bit better in; toughest performance conditions.
BAKFLIP tonneau cover styles
BAKFLIP tonneau cover comes in five different styles that are the following:
- Aluminum: The aluminum top skin protects the truck bed and covers from the UV rays. The lightweight cover is highly durable for the truck bed.
- FRP Fiberglass: If you are more concerned about the protection of the tonneau cover, then do not worry about dropping a brick on your cover, because the fiberglass series is ding resistant. The tough material of the cover protects it from scratches.
- Vinyl: The vinyl top skin protects the truck bed and covers from UV rays, and it is dent resistant. The combination of the sleek and smooth surface makes it solid strength underneath the sleek top layer.
MX4 cover for GM Silverado and Sierra 1500. The cover is available for 5’10”, 6’7”, and 8’2” truck bed. It fits the models from 2019-2021.
Ultimate Security: MX4 has durable aluminum panels that automatically open the latch when the tailgate; is partially or fully closed. It comes with a locked tailgate to protect your cargo.
Stylish Matte Finishing: The panels of the MX4 are featured with a matte finishing, protecting against scratches, marks, and UV damage. The seals and hardware are of premium quality.
100% Bed Access: You can conveniently drive the truck if your cover is closed, folded, or flipped up. It does not cover the third brake light making it easy for you in any way. It is made in the USA and weighs 400lbs. and, it can be easily installed.
The BAKFLIP MX4 was the first matte finish folding hardcover on the market, becoming the first folding hardcover sold in America in just a few years. Simply put, the MX4 is better than other covers. Its sleek, profile-less appearance allows you to maintain the look of your truck while allowing you; to safely store the cargo in the bed. It comes for all Ford 150 trucks from 2015-2020. The available truck bed sizes are 5’7”, 6’7”, and 8’2”, along with the following features.
- BAKFLIP MX4 comes with heavy-duty aluminum panels with stylish matte finishing.
- The infrastructure of MX4 combines a resilient, sleek, flush-mount, low-profile design.
- To provide 100% access to the truck bed, MX4 can completely fold up against the cab of the truck. This allows you to haul large cargo without moving the truck bed cover.
- MX4 can be opened, from the side of the vehicle, which includes the injection-molded latch housing components. This enhances the strength and durability of the cover.
- It does not obstruct the third brake light when the cover is folded upright against the cab.
- The durable prop rods secure the MX4 in an upright position. It can be folded open without tools.
MX4 hard folding truck bed tonneau w/OE track system cover comes for Toyota Tundra for 2007-2020 models. The different sizes that are available for Tundra are 5’7”, 6’7”, and 8’2”.
Durable aluminum panels automatically latch with the tailgate if it is partially or fully closed. The matte-finish truck bed allows you to protect your panels; from scratches and marks. The engineers are BAK Industries have fine-tuned the smallest elements of the cover. They have added cab corner caps and rail-end caps. The integrated buckle system and automatic latching allow driving with the tonneau cover, without any inconvenience. Max4 comes with the feature of pre-molded, shock-absorbent bumpers inside the panel. It protects the cover from hitting the panels during turbulent driving. The full perimeter seals protect the truck bed from water intrusion.
If you are looking for an affordable truck bed cover, then TruXport soft-roll-up cover would be the best option for your truck. It comes in two sizes; 6’10” and 8’2”. The tonneau cover is available for 2017-2021 models
Unbelievable functional: It is easy to use. Simply unlock the latches from the tailgate and roll up the cover to the cabin. It is framed with a heavy-duty 1.5” frame, and it is equipped; with high-quality leather.
Stand guard against the weather: To keep your cargo dry and safe, TruXedo provides you with soft-roll up cover for all weather conditions. To keep the water out, adjust the trap tension manually. It also covers the snow with support bows.
No Drill installation: 30-minute installation time! You can easily clamp the rails onto your truck bed, and no drilling is required to install the cover.
Distinctive Looks: The cover sits 1.5” above the truck bed; adding an overall look of your vehicle. The high-quality leather is easy to clean, and it will not fade over time.
Extang provides the Ford truck users with its easy to install cover with different sizes; 5’7”, 6’7”, and 8’2”. The cover is available for the models 2015-2020.
Keep it simple: It comes with two EZ lock clamps located near the tailgate which are easy to install and operate. To haul a brand-new couch in the truck bed, pull down each clamp and fold over twice.
Durability: Trifecta 2.0 is composed of leather-grain fabric. The composition of the cover protects your truck bed from water and other elements. The cover will not fade over time.
Fastest Install: It comes with full assembly to easily install in your truck. No special tools are required to install the cover. Square up the cover and clamp the cover with bed walls.
Extang Engineered: Extang provides its customers with truck bed cover that enhance the utility, convenience, and appearance of your truck. They are bringing the best quality covers in the market that are strong, smart, high-end appearance, easy to install, and simple to use.