These type of pull-out organizers are the most frequently used items in our kitchens. It can be a bit difficult to find the right storage place for your pots and pans in the kitchen, but with the help of pull-out organizers, you can store and organize them in the best way. However, there are countless options in the market, and you should only opt for high-quality ones because these items aren’t meant to be purchased frequently.
In this article, we have put together a buying guide along with some recommendations so that you can buy the right product. Let’s get started.
Following are some things that you should consider when buying a pullout organizer for pots and pans:
Before you buy a pullout organizer for your pots and pans, don’t forget to check your cabinet’s exact dimensions to see if it will fit perfectly. Standard cabinet sizes are 9, 12, 15, 18, 21, 24 inches and larger. So, pick a measuring tape and get the dimensions of your cabinet.
- Dividers or Baskets
Pullout organizers that are equipped with dividers allow you to accommodate your pans, pots, lids, or baking sheets in the organizer firmly regardless of their shapes and sizes. If you don’t want dividers, then opt for one with a nice open basket – it is an ideal choice of most customers as well.
- Ease of Installation
Most pullout organizers need a screwdriver, some screws, and your time to get installed. The best organizers come pre-assembled, allowing you to directly put them into your cabinet floor to mount without wasting your precious time. However, most probably, you will have to build the frame and attach the sliding rails before setting the organizer into your kitchen cabinet.
Either way, installing an organizer is not more than a basic DIY project.
- Single Tier or Two Tier Pull Out
In other words, single-tier is one shelf basket and two-tier consists of two shelf baskets. Both these types are offered by many brands but opt for the right one according to your requirements. If your cabinet has a drawer above, you should go for a single-tier pull out organizer.
- Slide Type
In short, the best slide is a full-extension slide. This slide can come all the way out of the cabinet, allowing you to access the back of the organizer as well.
Here are some of the best pull out organizers for pots and pans you can start with:
- It is designed to fit every standard-depth base cabinet
- Comes pre-assembled for convenient 4-screw installation, so you don’t have to work hard in assembling and installing it.
- Equipped with full-extension 100lb rated ball-bearing slides for smooth sliding
- Can easily accommodate heavier cookware, including cast iron
- Comes with seven adjustable/removable hooks
- Offers adjustable dividers to fit different sizes of cookware
- An ideal choice for a 15-inch base cabinet with a 12-inch opening
- Can support a cabinet opening of dimensions 11.5W x 22.125D x 22H inches (minimum)
- Features chrome-plated wireframe
- Backed by a Limited Lifetime Guarantee
- Features heavy-duty dividers that can easily adjust to fit and hold different sizes and styles of cookwaresecurely
- Made of commercial quality steel and has a chrome construction
- Dimensions: 11-inch wide x 21-inch deep
- Installs in minutes
- Equipped with full-extension slides
- The maximum weight capacity is 88 lbs.
- Comes with two baskets, providing you with enough space to hold a variety of products, including cleaning products, pans, pots, etc.
- Hardware included
- Weighs 24 pounds
- Dimensions: 15.5H x 14.5W x 21D inches
Note: Make sure your cabinet opening is a bit wider than this organizer’s dimensions to ensure a perfect fit.
- An excellent choice for smaller pots and pans
- Full-extension ball-bearing slides
- Easy installation (with just four screws)
- Chrome plated with round wiring
- Weighs 8 pounds
- Adjustable dividers to fit most cookware sizes
- Dimensions: Height 9″ x Width 11-1/2″ x Depth 18-3/4″
Note: This organizer is for cabinets with 15-inch or wider widths.
- Equipped with adjustable wire dividers to accommodate pots and pans of all shapes and sizes
- Hardware included
- Can be mounted inside a 20-inch cabinet or wider
- Can hold up to 50lbs.
- Chrome finish – Commercial strength steel
- Assembled weight: 8.16 lbs.
- Dimensions: 19.75″W x 20″D x 10.125″H
- Easy installation
- Easy to clean wood laminate
- Available in four widths: 11, 14, 17, and 21 inches
- Combines the elegance of wood and strength of steel
- Low profile design
- Equipped with patented Proglide industrial-grade ball bearing glide system
- Dimensions: 21.5 x 14 x 4.8 inches
- Weighs 9.7 pounds
- Sturdy and strong steel construction
- Easy installation
- Hardware included
- Smooth sliding
- Can fit into cabinets at the depth between 22 and 26 inches
- Dimensions: 22.2 x 2.4 x 3.1 inches
- Weighs 5.05 pounds
Note: This pull out cabinet organizer comes with eight hooks to hold eight sets of pot/pans and lids.
Some other ways for organizing your pots and pans:
2. Wall-Mounted Organizer
If you want to keep your pots, pans, and lids visible and accessible, wall-mounted organizers are the way to go. However, we don’t recommend for small kitchens that already look cluttered.
You can use a pegboard (the same that you may have in your garage for storage) to hang your kitchen item from hooks and outline them in chalk, so you always remember which place belongs to which item. This one is a bit of a DIY project, but it will look amazing once you install it on your kitchen’s wall.
4. Towel Bar
Installing a towel bar in your kitchen for organizing your pots and pans might sound like a weird idea, but it can actually come in handy. You can install it on the side of your cabinet to turn the empty space into extra storage. However, a smaller towel bar probably won’t hold your entire collection, so only hang items that you use most often.
5. Divide a Deep Drawer
If you have deep drawers, you can add ¼-inch pieces of plywood into one of them that will work as dividers for organizing your pots and pans. This is a cheap and easy DIY project that won’t take much time.
Before you opt for a pull out organizer for your pots and pans, you need to know if the product is sturdy and durable. At the same time, you should ensure whether it matches your cabinet’s dimensions or not. Go through our buying guide thoroughly to make sure you get the right product. Once you know your needs and things that a quality organizer have, you can easily buy one without getting confused.