It is hard to imagine a kitchen without a trash can. To save space and keep your kitchen clean, most people prefer to hide their trash cans inside a cabinet or underneath the kitchen counter. Plus, if you don’t have enough floor space to accommodate a free-standing trash can, you will love a pull-out trash can. In this article, we have enlisted some recommendations of pull-out bins to get started with.
Benefits of Pull-Out Trash Cans
- Much easier to clean
- It stays hidden from pets and toddlers
- Saves floor space, making your kitchen look bigger
- Saves you continuous trips to the garbage can outside your home
- You don’t have to bear the smell of trash inside your kitchen
How to Choose a Pull-Out Trash Can
Before you invest in a pull-out trash can, here are some questions you should consider:
- What type of trash will you put inside it?
- Do you have a heavy traffic kitchen?
- What trash can size is suitable for the waste generated? Sizes available are 27qt., 35qt., and 50qt.
- Do you need a trash bin that can be mounted to your cabinet door?
- Do you need a trash bin that can easily be installed?
After answering these questions, your mind will sketch out a pull-out trash can for your kitchen, which is what you will look for in the list of best pull-out trash cans below:
- Has a capacity of 35 quart/ 8.75 gallons.
- It is equipped with a chrome-plated heavy-gauge wire construction frame that can easily slide in and out on a full extension. The slides are rated 100-pound.
- Easy 4-screw installation – you can also mount it to the cabinet floor with the help of a door mount kit that you have to buy separately.
- It measures 14.8 inches in width, 22 inches in depth, and 19.25 inches in height.
- The bin is designed for base cabinets having 14.5 inches or larger openings.
- It has two compartments for extended storage.
- Has a capacity of 37.2 quart/ 9.3 gallons/ 35 liters.
- Has two compartments for more storage.
- It measures 9.8 inches in width, 17.7 inches in depth, and 19.1 inches in height.
- Easy to install
- Made of heavy-duty steel frame
- Equipped with smooth commercial-grade ball-bearing tracks for easy sliding in and out.
- Has a steel handle for convenient and quick access.
- Features Code G and Code D custom fit liners.
- Has a capacity of 29 quarts.
- Features platinum finish for classy look and durability
- Equipped with a steel-constructed capture cage that keeps trash in place
- Dimensions: 9.8 x 14.8 x 18.6 inches
- Weighs 9.55 pounds
- Comes with mounting screws so you can easily fasten it to your cabinet floor
- Mounts narrow for smaller openings, providing clearance for plumbing for different sink cabinets
- Has a unique, compact design that adjusts to fit most shapes and sizes of containers in all types of cabinets.
- The outer cage is made of commercial quality steel and has chrome construction for increased durability.
- Features patented ProGlide industrial-grade ball bearing glide system for smooth gliding.
- Installs in minutes because of its easy mount design.
- Can be used for kitchen, laundry room, and bathroom
- Dimensions: 20.2 x 10.1 x 11.2 inches
- Weighs 5 pounds
Note: It is just a bin holder, which means it doesn’t come with a bin – you have to buy it separately.
- Equipped with a 35-quart pull-out system
- Available in two colors (black and silver)
- Chrome-plated heavy-gauge wire construction frame
- Slides in and out effortlessly on full extension
- Easy 4-screw installation
- Comes with optional door mount kit and rail mounting hardware
- Dimensions: 10.6 x 22 x 19.25 inches
Note: Lids are not included in the package – you have to buy them separately.
- Comes in 10 different sizes to choose from
- Equipped with a 20-quart pull-out system
- Features a specialized wire management system that secures the bin when pulling it in or out of the cabinet
- Heavy-duty ball-bearing precision slides
- The bottom-mount unit comes preassembled for quick installation
- Easy installation with only 4 screws
- Includes clip-on handle and required rail mounting hardware
- Weighs 8.9 pounds
- Dimensions: 20.1 x 8.4 x 17.3 inches
Note: Lids and door-mount bracket are not included in the package – you have to buy them separately.
Where to Buy
- Comes with two 35-quart bins, adjustable bracket, rail mounting hardware, and full-extension ball-bearing slides
- Smoothly slides in and out of your kitchen cabinet
- An ideal choice for 15-inch cabinet opening
- Adjustable depth from 22.5 to 24.5 inches
- Dimensions: 15 (W) x 22.5 (D) x 17.8 (H) inches
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Available in three versions; 5 gallons, 9 gallons, and 9-gallon dual bins
- The slides are fully assembled and easy to install
- Comes with the required hardware and mounting bracket
- Trash can has a 9-gallon capacity
- Overall trash can’s dimensions are 20″ (H) x 10.5″ (W) x 18″ (D)
- Designed to fit 19.125″ deep cabinets with 10.5 inches of width clearance
- Heavy-duty chromed steel wire is used for the construction
- Has a total volume capacity of 88 pounds
- Chrome-plated steel frame
- Smooth and secure sliding motion whenever you pull out the basket or push it back in
- Equipped with a bag tuck band that allows you to secure your garbage bag in place
- Weighs 17.1 pounds
- Comes with Easy Access Handle
- Dual compartments for more storage
- Dimensions: 20.00″ (L) x 15.03″ (W) x 19.30″ (H)
- Available in six different colors
- The bin has a large angled opening for easy access under the counter unlike traditional slim containers
- Equipped with integrated venting channels that make it easy for you to remove liners
- Fast bag changing with the help of cinches that secure liners around the rim of the container
- Commercial-grade construction with a high-quality resin material
- Both rim and base handles feature good grip so that you can lift and empty the container without any problem
- Dimensions: 22.2 x 11.2 x 26.1 inches
- Weighs 7 pounds only
- Comes in five sizes
- Comes with cabinet door mount kit along with installation manual
- When mounted, you can pull the trash waste with either the cabinet door or with the equipped pull out handle
- Heavy-duty under-mount drawer slides are included in the package
- Easy to wash non-toxic polypropylene gray waste bins
- Easy installation with only 4 screws
- Two 32 Qt. plastic bins
- Dimensions: 19-5/8″ (D) x 15″ (W) x 19-1/2″ (H)
- The waste bin is resistant to low & high temperatures
Now that you know some of the best pull-out trash cans, you can easily buy the one that seems perfect to you according to your requirements. Pull-out items like trash cans, storage organizers , sofas and beds, cookware not only help you declutter your home but also make it look much bigger and clean.