Dr. Oz’s salad dressing is so simple to make and so delicious, you’ll never buy bottled dressing again!
Okay, so here’s the deal If you have eaten more fat-free salad dressings than you could possibly count many, there’s a good chance a number of them were quite terrible. You may be lucky to find a decent one every once in a while.
All you have to do is look at the ingredient list on bottled fat-free salad dressings and you’ll see they are filled with lots of yucko, unpronounceable stuff, including high fructose corn syrup. Apparently, that’s what they use to stabilize the dressing and prolong the shelf life without adding fat. Yuck! So, are you ready to get started making your own that are actually quite tasty? 🙂
Dr. Oz Touts Extra Virgin Olive Oil
If you’ve ever watched Dr. Oz, you know Dr. Oz is a BIG TIME proponent of having some extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) in your diet daily. In fact, Dr. Oz recommends 1 to 2 tablespoons of EVOO daily as being optimal for your heart and overall health.
This may be kind of a scary if you’re a fat-phobic cook, but be sure to give it a try and because EVOO is best for you when its not cooked. One place to get your EVOO is in your salad dressing. Dr. Oz says you can continue to lose weight while eating this way. You will find that healthy fats are beneficial to weight loss results. This salad dressing will make you a believer in the importance of healthy fats in your diet!
Anyway, heres Dr. Oz’s Balsamic Salad Dressing Recipe.
INGREDIENTS FOR DR. OZ’S CREAMY BALSAMIC SALAD DRESSING
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced (If you find this way over-powering. Reduce the amount of garlic until it is right for you.)
- 1/4 teaspoon soy sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper (optional)
DR. OZ’S CREAMY BALSAMIC SALAD DRESSING DIRECTIONS
- Combine oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic and soy sauce; mix well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper if desired.
- If you have a Magic Bullet (small blender), combine all ingredients and blend well. If your Magic Bullet will grind peppercorns, use 3 or 4 peppercorns in place of the ground pepper and blend it with the rest of the ingredients.
- If you blend it really well, it will not only be thick and creamy, it will hold its creaminess in the fridge (if you have leftovers or make a larger batch).
This only takes a couple of minutes to make and its restaurant quality delicious!