Don’t go crazy with these because the serving size is only one melba round with 1 1/2 teaspoons cheddar spread. They do pack 40% fat, so they’re what most consider to be a special occasion food. This probably won’t sit in your fridge on a daily basis because it could easily be eaten quickly because it is that yummy! You may only want to prepare it when friends are coming over. You can enjoy it, too, but don’t eat it mindlessly, only eat a few.
Having said all that, this spread is much better for you than most kick-off foods you’ll find at a typical party and some days are just about cutting loose a little. 😉
Yield: 2 cups (1 1/2 teaspoon spread & 1 melba round equals one serving)
Calories: 36 (40% fat) ♥ Fat: 1.6 g ♥ WW Points: 1 pt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1/2 cup fat-free cream cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed and drained
- 2 ounces (1/2 cup) finely shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon diced pimiento, drained
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 32 melba rounds
- Cook the onion in a nonstick skillet, lightly coated with cooking spray over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook 3 minutes or until tender. Remove from the heat and cool.
- Combine the cream cheese and mayonnaise in a small bowl; stir in the onion, corn, and next 4 ingredients. Cover and chill.
- Serve with melba rounds.