I L-O-V-E love love love desserts! No question about it but I especially L-O-V-E healthy low-fat or fat-free desserts that dont send my blood sugar spiking.
One key to losing weight effortlessly (or reasonably so), is to keep a stable blood sugar level, and one of the ways I do that is by avoiding processed sugars as much as possible. I admit it, Im not perfect, but I do try.
This sorbet is so scrumptious, I sometimes find myself eating a dish of it for breakfast, and why not its totally healthy and it rocks!
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and cubed
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about one lime)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup Coconut Secret Raw Coconut Nectar (Or to taste. If the pineapple is really ripe, youll need less coconut nectar)
- Combine the cubed pineapple, pineapple juice, lime juice and water in a food processor or blender. Process until smooth. The Vita-mix blender is spectacular for this! With Vita-mix, smooth really means smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a metal bowl and stir in the coconut nectar
- Refrigerate until completely cold
- Now you have two options for making the sorbet:
- I process mine in my ice cream maker. Patience isnt my best virtue, nor is planning ahead 5 hours.
- If you dont have an ice cream maker and you do have five hours; pour ingredients into a metal bowl and seal the bowl tightly with plastic wrap or a lid and place in the freezer for at least 5 hours until firm. It should be crispy on the outside, but still slushy on the inside.
This is truly yummy and I know youll enjoy it. Enjoy!
Note: I was told that you can make this just as well with 2 cups of canned pineapple chunks (in their own juice, no added sugar). I havent tried that yet because I always seem to get in the mood for this when the pineapples are fresh and ripe at the market. Its so simple and delicious to use fresh pineapple, so I havent tried any other way. Im of the belief that fresh is always best when available, but use canned if you prefer.
Alternative Flavors: Want Pina Colada? Simply add 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract (or to taste). Have fun with this basic recipe. Its delicious and extra creamy when you add a ripe banana to it. Also yummo with a 1 cup of fresh strawberries. This is simply a delicious base and you can let your adventurous spirit fly with this one.
If you come up with something really yummo, be sure to let us know! I L-O-V-E comments!
NOTE: To learn more about Coconut Secret products and why I love them. Theyre simply spectacular and such a great healthy alternative!