WOW! Mm. Mm! Do you want to have a rich creamy bite of what tastes like the best pumpkin pie you’ll ever have except its creamy, delectable ice cream?
Really, it’s ice milk, but it’s nothing like the crummy ice milk you get in the grocery store.
Have you ever been trying to eat healthily, maybe lose a few pounds (or even a few hundred pounds), and you were craving ice cream so badly that you settled for what the grocery store had to offer? If so, and if you bought the low fat or low sugar variety, you probably found it to be way too sweet, unbearably gummy, and more icy than creamy. You may not have been able to find one brand of reduced anything ice cream that you’ve even thought was worth eating. Even though you are craving ice cream, you may rather choose to go without it. Or worse yet, you opt for the way too fattening and bad for you, full-fat ice creams!
Well, move over sister, today is a new day! Trust us on this, if you love pumpkin pie, and you love ice cream, you’ll L-O-V-E this Pumpkin-Maple Ice Milk recipe.
- First of all, it falls within the MAGIC range. You know, anything under 8% total fat calories.
- Secondly, the flavor is to die for!
- Thirdly, you can pronounce every ingredient in it and every one of them is good for you!
- Finally, did we mention its delicious? Well, it is!
If you’re in the mood for ice cream, it’s not hard to make! If you haven’t had home-made ice cream since the days of the old-clunky-fill-it-up-with-salt-then-crank-the-handle-til-your-arm-falls-off variety of ice cream makers, you’ve been missing out on one of life’s greatest treats!
If you haven’t tried it yet, you may want to check out an Automatic Ice-Cream Maker, you will love it! It will be one of the Can’t Live Without items. There are ice-cream makers at Amazon to meet any budget. It’s so simple to mix up a few ingredients and in as little as 25 minutes, you can have fresh, homemade, healthy ice milk, frozen yogurt or sorbet! It is so easy; you can make a frozen dessert every day. It’s time to enjoy frozen dessert again and this recipe is a great place to start!!
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup Coconut Secret Raw Coconut Nectar Low Glycemic Sweetener (adjust for personal preference)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup organic skim milk
- 1 cup canned or fresh cooked pumpkin (unsweetened)
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg (really, just a pinch)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated skimmed milk
- Combine nectar and egg in a bowl; stir with a wire whisk until blended.
- Heat 1 cup skim milk in a saucepan over medium heat until small bubbles form around edges of pan. (Do not allow milk to boil.)
- Gradually stir about one-fourth of hot milk into nectar mixture; add to remaining hot milk, stirring constantly.
- Cook over medium-low heat 5 minutes or until mixture reaches 160ᵒ, stirring constantly. (Mixture will not be thick.)
- Pour into a bowl; stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cover and chill.
When chilled, pour the mixture into the freezer can of a ½-gallon electric freezer, and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Allow it to ripen for 1 hour in the freezer can.
YIELD: 10 Servings (serving size 1/2 cup)
Calories: 111 (6% from fat)
CARB 22.5g / FIBER 0.4g / CHOL 23mg / IRON 0.8 mg / SODIUM 62mg / CALCIUM 163 mg
These links will help you see the variety of ice-cream makers available, as well as some of the ingredients that may not be so easy to find locally.
Ice Cream Makers
The Cuisinart 1 ½ quart ice cream maker is electric and makes ice cream in about 20 minutes. No salt or ice is needed. It measures 10”x10”x15” and comes with a 3-year limited warranty.
This Cuisinart ice cream maker is easy to use. It doesn’t require ice or salt, it but makes up to 1-1/2 quarts of ice cream, sorbet, frozen yogurt, and frozen drinks. It comes with a recipe book.
Costway Ice Cream Maker 1.5 Quart Automatic Macarons Color Ice Cream Machine, custard Frozen Yogurt Sorbet Gelato Machine with Auto Shut Off Timer, LCD Display and Mixing Paddle for Soft Serve Dessert (Pink)
Quickly make frozen desserts in 15 to 25 minutes. Timer can set to 20 to 40 minutes and will show the remaining time on the LCD screen. It comes with a recipe book and useful tips.
Add your favorite ingredients to the TuoFang machine and within 20 to 25 minutes you’ll have ice cream, sorbet, or frozen yogurt. It has an easy to use, 30-minute timer with shut off function. The machine has a lifetime of customer service, give them a call and receive a solution within 24 hours.
From sap to sugar, the coconut crystals are naturally sweet and have a caramel-like flavor. They do not have a coconut flavor because they are made from the sap and not coconuts, so they are also not considered an allergen.
Often only available during the holidays, the Trader Joe’s pumpkin pie spice is available off season. Great for pumpkin ice cream, added to coffee, and many other recipes.
This ground nutmeg by Simply Organic is warm and sweet. It is highly aromatic and especially good with other sweet spices like cloves, cinnamon, and allspice.
This pure vanilla extract is non-GMO, Gluten-Free, Kosher, and Corn Syrup Free. Crafted in the USA. It has no artificial colors or flavors.